Inis magazine: issue 46, January 2016
Inis is the magazine of Children's Books Ireland. Within these pages you will find features and articles on Irish and international childrens books as well as in-depth reviews of new titles for children and teenagers. With its range of expert contributors, this is a key resource for teachers, writers, illustrators, librarians, parents/guardians and everyone interested in children's books.
"Bringing together this issue, what immediately became noticeable was the respect the contributors felt towards, and absolute necessity of, librarians and their libraries, and more importantly the relationship between author, illustrator, reader and publisher with them."
In this edition:
- Cover image and detail by Fatti Burke, from Irelandopedia: A Compendium of Maps, Facts and Knowledge, Fatti and John Burke, Gill & Macmillian, 2015
- The illustrated man: Chris Riddell talks to Louise Gallagher about illustrations, inspirations and librarians
- 'Scéalta a Chuala mé sa bhaile': déanann Caoimhe Nic Lochlainn cur sios ar dúchas.ie, tionscadal digitihe Chnuasach Bhéaloideas Eireann
- Coincidence, compassion and 'the best story I never wrote': Debbie Thomas sits down with Michael Morpurgo
- Don't mention the weather: Oisín McGann talks us through the Weather Stations project
- Dedicated to Cracking Reading: Joe Kelly interviews Mairi Kidd and finds out more about Barrington Stoke publishers
- CBI Book Clinics – join us on our nationwide tour in 2016