Inis magazine: issue 55, January 2019
Inis is the magazine of Children's Books Ireland. Within these pages you will find features and articles on Irish and international children's books as well as in-depth reviews of new titles for children and teenagers. With its range of expert contributors, this is a key resource for teachers, writers, illustrators, librarians, parents/guardians and everyone interested in children's books.
"As January begins, we at Children’s Books Ireland are taking the opportunity to reflect on the changes we aim to make in the year ahead. The New Year inspires us to make improvements and resolutions, whether it be on a personal or professional basis. CBI is committed to making significant change in a number of areas which desperately need support, not just from us as an organisation, but fundamentally, at government level, for the benefit of all in society."
In this edition:
- Cover image from Island of Adventures: Fun Things to do all Around Ireland by Jennifer Farley, The O'Brien Press, 2018
- Picturing the president: picturebook creator Niamh Sharkey interviews Peter Donnelly about his career to date
- Léamh agus scríobh ,inné agus inniu: Tugann Tadhg Mac Dhonnagáin léargas ar fhoilsiú na Gaeilge sa lá atá inniu ann
- Storm force: Author Dave Rudden interviews Cat Doyle about her recent title The Storm Keeper's Island
- An academic's path: Dr Louise Gallagher interviews Dr Jane Suzanne Carroll as part of our series of Irish people 'behind the scenes' of the children's book world.
- #WEARETHEPOETS: Laureate na nÓg Project Manager Aingeala Flannery gives an overview of Sarah Crossan's term and upcoming projects