Inis magazine: issue 56, April 2019
Inis is the magazine of Children's Books Ireland. Within these pages you will find features and articles on Irish and international children's books as well as in-depth reviews of new titles for children and teenagers. With its range of expert contributors, this is a key resource for teachers, writers, illustrators, librarians, parents/guardians and everyone interested in children's books.
"Spring has sprung, and all over the island of Ireland, children in shadowing groups are reading the books on the recently announced CBI Book of the Year Awards shortlist. With our largest number of debuts ever, this year’s shortlist is remarkable, and it gives us great pride in the artists who are being deservedly honoured, as well as building our anticipation for the future of Irish writing and illustration."
In this edition:
- Cover image from Eva and the Perfect Rain: A Rainy Irish Tale by Tatyana Feeney, The O'Brien Press, 2019
- CBI Book of the Year 2019: Áine Ní Ghlinn, chair of this year's awards panel, talks us through each of this year's shortlisted titles
- Getting paid to read: Bernadette Larkin, arts and cultural producer, charts her reading journey and highlights some upcoming projects
- The hummingbird of Lampedusa: Debbie Thomas interviews Deborah Soria, the visionary behind the Silent Books: Final Destination Lampedusa project
- An Siopa Leabhar: labhraíonn Gráinne Ní Mhuilneoir faoina ndéantar sa siopa chun tacú le litearthacht agus litríocht na n-óg ó lá go lá
- Towers and Tales: Fiona Kearney highlights the story of the Towers and Tales children's literary festival
- A journey of languages: Tarsila Krüse takes us on a language and illustration 14 adventure from Brazil to Dublin