Inis magazine: issue 59, April 2020
Inis is the magazine of Children's Books Ireland. Within these pages you will find features and articles on Irish and international childrens books as well as in-depth reviews of new titles for children and teenagers. With its range of expert contributors, this is a key resource for teachers, writers, illustrators, librarians, parents/guardians and everyone interested in children's books.
"Inspiration is something that we can't get enough of as we weather a challenging period in our history. We hope that within these pages you will find plenty to spark your curiosity and lead you to a book that may comfort, entertain, provoke thought or bring a smile when it's most needed."
In this edition:
- Cover image from Only a Tree Knows How to Be a Tree, written and illustrated by Mary Murphy, Otter-Barry Books, 2020
- The right to read: Helen Carr chats to current UK Waterstones Children's Laureate Cressida Cowell
- MoLI: a museum for everybody: Jane O'Hanlon takes a tour of MoLI with learning manager Jennie Ryan
- KPMG Children's Books Ireland Awards: Ciara Ní Bhroin, chair of this year's judging panel, takes us through each of the shortlisted titles
- Fíorú na brionglóide: Conas mar atá an ról mar Scríbhneoir Cónaithe dlr LexIcon ag dul i bhfeidhm ar Shadhbh Devlin
- The picturehouse: Elizabeth Goldrick documents her internship at The Eric Carle Museum of Picture Book Art