Inis magazine: issue 63, July 2021
Inis is the magazine of Children's Books Ireland. Within these pages you will find features and articles on Irish and international children's books as well as in-depth reviews of new titles for children and teenagers. With its range of expert contributors, this is a key resource for teachers, writers, illustrators, librarians, parents/guardians and everyone interested in children's books.
"There's a lot of conversation happening about diversity, inclusion, equity, belonging and human rights. And this is a good thing. But, of course, it is easier to talk than to try something and to make real change that will make a difference in people's lives. In this issue we are honouring change-makers whose voices we want to amplify and whose work we want to celebrate."
In this edition:
- Cover image from Take Off Your Brave: Poems Just For You written by Nadim (aged 4) and illustrated by Yasmeen Ismail, Walker Books, 2021
- Making a difference: Sarah Fitzgerald interviews young American book advocate Marley Dias
- Being seen: Chandrika Narayanan-Mohan interviews Dapo Adeola about his work and what inspires him
- The Book Doctor will see you now: a look at the Children's Books Ireland Book Clinics from 2012 to 2021, highlighting recent changes
- Transcendent tales: Debbie Thomas talks to the team behind recent award-winning title Why the Moon Travels
- Mother tongues: Bernadette Larkin and Mother Tongues founder Dr Francesca La Morgia discuss the importance of culture, books and language